Treat yourself to some relaxation after your workout: a visit to the sauna or steam bath is relaxing for the mind and also helps your muscles to recover.
As well as being good for the mind, wellness is also beneficial for the body: spending time in hot and dry air and then cooling off has a highly stimulating effect on all organs of the body, and boosts our metabolism. The positive effect on the circulation helps to relax our muscles. The damp heat of the steam bath also penetrates deep into the muscles, helping them to recover more quickly – helping to avoid muscle soreness the next day.
Depending on the gym, our wellness offer includes:
Temperature: 80°C to 90°C
Low air humidity
Recommended duration of sauna visit: 8 to 12 minutes
Recommended number of sauna visits: two to three visits
Temperature: 48°C to 50°C
High air humidity
Recommended duration of steam bath: 15 to 20 minutes
Recommended number of steam bath visits: two to three visits
Separate and mixed sauna use
See your studio’s website with information on the days for separate and mixed saunas to find out when the wellness area can be used by men and women separately.
Please pay attention to the following instructions when entering the sauna or steam bath:
Before visiting the sauna or steam bath
Shower before each visit to the sauna or steam bath, and dry off well.
Remove any jewellery or make-up.
Take a large towel with you into the sauna (big enough for your head and feet).
It is not permitted to use body or hair packs or other cosmetic treatments in our wellness areas.
Please also do not take any massage brushes or gloves into the wellness area.
During your sauna visit
Slowly increase the length and number of your sauna visits up to the recommended level.
Lie or sit calmly and be considerate of other users.
Avoid loud conversations.
Don’t stand up suddenly (to protect your cardiovascular system).
Use the hose to clean the area in the steam bath where you were sitting.
After visiting the sauna or steam bath
Take enough time to cool off.
Cool off gently (e.g. using a hose).
First cool your limbs, then your body and finally your head.
Avoid using the sauna or steam bath if you have any of the following illnesses in particular:
Acute illness with fever
Inflammations (especially those affecting organs and blood vessels)
Severe liver and kidney conditions
Circulatory disorders in the brain
Severe regulatory disorders of the nervous system
House rules Wellness area and quiet zone (nude area)
To make sure we all feel comfortable
- A full body shower is mandatory before using the wellness areas
- Please take a large towel with you into the sauna (big enough to span from your feet to head)
- The seats in the steam bath are to be cleaned with the hose after use
- The lying areas of solariums and light therapy devices must be cleaned after use with the cleaning agents provided
- The use of body and hair wraps and other cosmetic treatments is prohibited
- Please wear a towel around your private area as a minimum outside of the saunas and steam baths
- Loud conversations are to be avoided
- The use of your own (herbal) infusions is prohibited due to the risk of fire
- No (herbal) infusions are permitted in the biosauna
- Please do not use the sauna when suffering from a cold or acute inflammation
- Each wellness area closes before closing time. Information on closing times can be obtained from the facility in question
- Additionally binding sauna and steam bath rules that are hung up in the entrance area to each wellness zone must be observed